John has been a business professional and California licensed attorney for more than 37 years. His extensive knowledge, experience, and business acumen uniquely position him to provide counseling and advice to enable individuals and families to secure and plan for their personal and business futures.
John’s experience includes:
- Representing individuals and businesses in litigation of various types;
- Acting as Trustee, with more than $125 million in assets under his management;
- Facilitating finance transactions in the multi millions of dollars, including through Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae;
- Handling Asian (China/Japan) business finance and real estate transactions;
- Advising on tax disputes, including estate returns, implementing tax-deferred and reverse exchanges (i.e., 1031 exchanges), and negotiating with creditors of all types, including taxing authorities;
- Counseling businesses through Chapter 11 reorganizations, out-of-court creditor compositions and assignments for the benefits of creditors;
- Preparing Estate Plans (or coordinating with a team of outside professionals for mega-estates), including Special
- Needs Trusts, Insurance Trusts, and Administering Estates;
- Asset Protection Plans for individuals, families, and businesses concerned with catastrophic risks and events;
- Assisting with business and corporate transactions, including formation, termination, operation, purchases, sales, reorganizations, mergers and acquisition along with compliance, financial viability evaluation, and business management;
- Coordinating and working with all types of fiduciaries;
- Business succession planning;
- And much, much more.